Pages

Wednesday 14 August 2019

jam drops

In home economics last week I wasn't at school that week and we made jam drops. Jam drops are a type of biscuit that is like a kind of shortbread dough with a drop of jam in the middle top of the dough. I tried to find where they originated from but all I found were recipes, then I search jam biscuits and it said Ireland but I think they might be different to jam drops.  
Because I wasn't here I don't know what recipe my class used so I found one of the internet:https://www.newideafood.com.au/traditional-jam-drops

Traditional jam drops
Ingredients
  1. 2 ½ cups self-raising flour

½ x 395 g tin sweetened condensed milk
½ cup caster sugar
250 g butter, softened
⅓ cup jam (we used raspberry)
Method
  1. Preheat oven to 190°C and line a baking tray with baking paper. Sift the flour into the mixing bowl, then throw in all the other ingredients into the bowl (except the jam).
  1. Stir in an electric mixer on medium speed for approximately 1 minute until the dough is combined.
  1. Roll into small 3-4cm balls and place onto the lined baking tray.
  1. Using your thumb (or the back of a teaspoon) press a small indentation into the top of each biscuit.
  1. Spoon in a small amount of jam (about 1/2 a teaspoon) into each little well.
  1. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes or until golden. Watch your oven as they could need a little more or less time – just wait until you have a good colour on them.
  1. Remove biscuits from oven and allow to cool on a rack before eating. Put that kettle on for a cup of tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.