Pages

Thursday 6 December 2018

stone carving

22.11.18
In stone carving this week we finished our koru. I had to round it off and sandpaper it then put it in a separate room for it to be sprayed and sealed, once I had finished all of that I was allowed to help some other people with there's while I waited for the teacher to give the next instructions for how to make the next stone carving. When he had finished giving the instructions I started to make the carving, I got up to shaping the stone.

26.11.18
In stone carving today I shaped my work and put the hole in it. I had to shape the stone with a chisel and a cheese grater. once I had finished all of that it was time to pack up and we moved onto blogging and drawing.

06.12.18
This is our last day on our passion project and we are showing all of our arts and performances. During the time I was doing stone carving I managed to get 3 stone carving projects done to the point that I was happy with.

What was your favourite part?
I really enjoyed working in the workshop making the projects.
What was challenging for you?
I found it hard to make the sculpture look symmetrical on both sides.
What could we do differently to improve stone carving?
I think the teachers could spend more time with all of the students not just the big groups.
Your final thought or comment!
Overall I found it a fun experience and I learnt a lot of new skills.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.