Pages

Tuesday 18 February 2020

What is my kaupapa?

This year for art I will be focusing on cityscape.

I have chosen this theme because it is something that I am interested in, as in I like landscapes/ cityscapes because I like the views of them and how they look. I also choose this because it is the only one that really interested me and that I thought I would enjoy doing.

The media I will work with will be photography and paint.

The artist I have chosen are Jacob Yikes, Tony Fomison and Rachael Rakena, Roy Lichtenstein


The artist I am interested in for my kaupapa is Anthony Goicolea. 
Here are my notes for my brainstorming of my kaupapa.

People
-culture
-emotion
-life
-belonging
-world

Nature
-life
-animals
-water
-fire

water
-blue
-clear
-still
-calm
-unpredictable
-rough


1 comment:

  1. i LOVE Anthony Goicolea's work. what would be a key piece of his for you? Im sure I am going to see that on your 1.1 doc next week. there is a high level of symbolism in his work that is not instantly readable, which I think is very cool. It adds mystery.

    I see from your lists, it is looking like water, nature and people as subject matter, now I want you to be more explicit as to what setting you want to draw water, what parts of nature you want to use and what types of people/who you want to draw.

    Your describing words are great. They need to be the thing you go back to whenever you are coming up with new ideas for new series of works.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.